Thursday, December 07, 2006

Morning blues...

Engulfed by a constant haze and a buzzing in my head - I've been out of bed a good 15 minutes and no this ain’t a hangover....

Life is a suspended bridge - and a lot of water has flown under! And those damned leafless trees outside my window are so somber and depressing.

Maybe today I'll muster the courage and strike a conversation with my next door neighbor - if I still have one! Eight months of staying put in a place and I don’t know the face of my neighbor.

The closet needs cleaning - pile of clothes is getting a bit too cumbersome to sort through - not that I have any where to get dressed and go.

Kitchen and bathroom - my personal Achilles’ heel - always bringing to null my efforts to be a proud renter of a clean apartment. Why bother with something that refuses to stay decent for more than 2 minutes. Guess I can live with the sink full of dishes a couple of more days -

A squirrel passes by my patio every other day - I leave it some nuts and watch it savoring it sitting upright on its hind limbs and chomping away. But then a squirrel is hardly a dog - you can’t pet it and cuddle up with it and feel good about it. Squirrel eats his nuts, does his thing and swooshes off!

The Telly is a friend I've spent far too much time with - know everything she has to say - sometimes I mouth her words as she is saying them - after a long association with her one realizes that there is that essential element of surprise that is lacking in her - everything is just rehashed and replayed!

Then there is my laptop and its wireless gateway to the world outside! Now that's one accessory you don't want to be without. Only lately, every time I log onto a Google talk or Yahoo I end up chatting up with friendz who seem to be going thru a rough patch and would like me to aide in some fashion.
Like a good friend of mine who is sorely missing female companionship in his life wants me to make funny noises on Google talk to momentarily give him the illusion that all of womankind is just one big giantass clown and so who needs them anyway...
Or this other friend who is engaged and having second, third, fourth and so on and so forth endless thoughts about it and constantly wants advise.....
Or another one who is disgruntled with life in its totality and needs a scapegoat to vent out his frustrations and anger...
Then there are those happy souls in whose life apparently everything is so gung-ho that their sunny dispositions makes you want to throw them head down in murky water! They of course need an audience to applaud their many accomplishments!

Boy - do I sound bitter! Maybe I'll just fix myself something cool to drink, run a warm bath and a concoction of all the aromatic liquids that promise many good things for mind, body and soul; put on some good music and stay put in the tub till I cool off my head!!

1 comment:

nkshirsa said...

???? finished ? what happnd to blog bug